Everything (almost) I use associated with this website and my day to day work.
- I use this for the majority of design work. Managing components and libraries, prototyping and sharing is by far the best in my opinion.
- I will always stand by Illustrator. It can’t be beaten for vector editing.
- For all the things Illustrator and Figma can’t do—which now is mostly photo editing.
- So many handy little tools that help designing. Rulers, colour blindness testing, etc. As well as the companion app xScope mirror.
- A real conveient way to pick colours and manage colour palettes.
- Another convenient app, it’s super smart at getting the dimensions of objects.
- I write all code in Nova, nothing beats a Panic app for quality. I like vscode but not the clunky side of it.
- An easy and convenient way to search documentation for pretty much every language.
- Apple Terminal
- I use the Panic Palette and zsh (using ohmyzsh).
- I tend to use git through the Github desktop app and terminal.
- One Switch
- For all of the switches that control centre can’t do.
- Gifox (gif recording)
- A nice menu bar app for recording gifs. I use this to demonstrate things quickly in my posts.
- Like Coda, I’ve been a long time user of Things. It’s the GTD (get things done) way of working I like about it, as I’m not that organised. It’s also wonderfully designed.
- iA Writer
- A simple markdown editor. All posts start here then are copied and pasted into the CMS. Syncs with iCloud so I can write anywhere.
- Keeping all my valuable files backed up and accessible anywhere.
- A spotlight replacement for Mac, with loads of handy features and workflows.
- Averta from TDF
- I use Averta for headings.
- Freight Text Pro from Tyepkit
- I use Freight Text Pro for body copy.
- I finally moved this site to a static site generator. I chose Next as I felt it would be better suited for a blog over the likes of Gatsby—albeit I’m not 100% sure this is true still.
- One of the biggest reasons I use a static site generator is to take advantage of hosts like Netlify. It’s a one stop solution for hosting your website and it makes everything a dream.